To Schedule a call contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or though Twitter @skhooldesign.com
“Design Thinking a Language for Educators” For school professionals to work collaboratively on the big messy problems we all face when dealing with school improvement. Design Thinking is an excellent process to have a common method and language to tackle any large problem you face within your organization. This keynote is thoughtful and implementable the next day.
“Educators are Designers” – Universal Design came directly out of the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and changed our designed world forever. The ideas within universal design and other design practices are easy to use when improving student experiences in your school. This Keynote applies Universal Design, Hostile Design, Affordances & Signifiers and more.
“Students are the Greatest Consumer of Student Data” – Bring aggregated student data back to the students themselves in an, anonymous, meaningful and supportive way. Check out a class program design that aims to use lessons, projects and assessments that are designed to heighten students group and self-awareness to their progress, successes and their areas for further development.
Assessment Design – Single or multi day workshop intended to carry through the work from the keynote “Educators are Designers” where teachers and leaders will evaluate assessments and design new assessments that build upon understandings of Universal Design, Hostile Design, Affordances & Signifiers and more.
Mastery Learning with Reflective use of Data – This workshop helps develop skills based learning classroom programs, assessments and an innovative use of the collected data with students. Individual teachers and teams of teachers use their time together to reshape their classroom programs and develop new uses of data. Teachers will also learn and practice how to have group data conversations with entire classes and as well as with individual students and families.
Large Problem Facilitation – Your school site is dealing with a large and difficult problem/task such as changing over to standards based grading, creating a mission statement or redesigning your daily schedule. With motivation, time and skill, your team is ready to make that big change. Yet, for a school leader to both facilitate the process and to be a stakeholder can be less productive. I will come in as a seasoned educator and as a skilled outside facilitator to provide space for your school leaders to be the valued stakeholder.
Where in the world have I been Lately?
- Luxembourg, Luxembourg for ECIS – Training – November 2018
- The Hague – Facilitation/Mapping – Dec 2018
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – Facilitation & Training – May 2019
- Mormon Lake, Arizona USA – Teacher Training & Building Project – July 2019
- Vienna, Austria – Facilitation – August 2019
- Zürich, Switzerland for ELMLE – Training – September 2019
- Frankfurt, Germany – Facilitation – November 2019
- Mumbai, India – Teacher Training & Building Project – March 2020
- ECIS Digital Leadership Conference – Training – April 2020
- ECIS Webinar “Designing Solutions for Hard Problems” (1st October 2020) [YouTube Video]
- CEESA Conference “Assessment Summit” (10th October 2020)
- ECIS Webinar “Access to Learning and Literacy” (10th November 2020)
- ELMLE – Ongoing with Design JAL and webinars forthcoming in 2021